The Design215 Word Finder is a free utility that unscrambles words, finds anagrams, solves jumbles, finds rhyming words, and helps with Scrabble, crosswords, and other word games. For example, you can find all 6 letter words that start with “d” and end with “n”. Find words that rhyme by searching for words that end with the same letters. If you enter letters into the “Unscramble” box, the other fields will be ignored and the program will find any words that can be formed from those letters. Unscramble now finds combinations of two words by default.
STEP 1: SELECT A WORD LIST
*Each word list has its advantages. Learn more
99,300+ words, All word lengths, Common names, Common abbreviations
STEP 2: WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
DIRECTIONS AND TIPS
- Try the Word Pattern Finder if you need wildcards, include, and exclude.
- UNSCRAMBLE UPDATED 12.22.2012:
By default, the “Unscramble” box now returns a list of one and two word solutions that use all letters. Remember, the “Unscramble” box ignores all other fields.
For games like SCRABBLE®, check “show all words you can make with these letters” to find all words that can be made from any number of the letters entered.
- Word searches return a maximum of 500 words, 1500 for unscrambles.
- To find words that rhyme, enter the last few letters of a word in the “Ends with” box.
- Use the “Length” menu to limit the number of letters in the words being searched. If you only want to find 4 letter words, select “4 letters”. If you want to find words of any length, up to and including 8 letters, select “8 letters” and check the “or less” box.
- The “Contains” box works two ways. Enter “cat” with the checkbox unchecked, and you’ll find words like “catch”, “locate”, and “tomcat”. If “any order” is checked, you’ll find words containing the letters “c”, “a”, and “t”, in any order, like “cadet”, “exact”, and “teach”.
If you wanted to find words that begin with “a”, end with “s” and contain “a” and “i” in the middle of the word, enter “a” in “Begins with”, “s” in “Ends with”, and “aai” in “Contains” with “any order” checked. The two a’s are necessary if you want words that begin with “a” AND have another “a” somewhere in the middle. You’ll find “airbags”, “animals”, and “aviators”.
- Wildcards or Missing Letters?
To unscramble a word when one or more letters are missing:
1. Enter the known letters in the “Contains” box instead of “Unscramble”.
2. Check “any order”.
3. Select the total number of letters in the word from the “Length” menu.
For example, if you had 4 letters and a wildcard, “e?tca”, you would enter “etca” in the “Contains” box, check “any order” and select a Length of “5 Letters”.
- Crossword Puzzles
Use the “Length” menu with a combination of “Begins with”, “Ends with”, or “Contains”, depending on what letters in the crossword are filled in. Uncheck “any order”.
WE WANT YOUR SUGGESTIONS!
If you find a bug, or have any suggestions to make our utility better, please leave a comment below or contact us directly. We want to constantly improve our site by listening to your feedback! =)
Whether you’re stumbling through a Jumble, dabbling in scrabble word finder or in the woods on any other word game, our Word and Letter Unscrambler is ready to help you solve that word scramble.
The WordFinder unscramble tool is more than a simple search. It’s a full-service, word games cheat, ready to turn up to 12 letters into a neat list of unscrambled words for you to choose from.
To unscramble letters, just type them into the search. Computer magic ensues, our dictionary does its dance, and zap! The WordFinder unscramble tool delivers a list of every unscrambled word you could possibly play.
The WordFinder unscrambler is built to be a word gamer’s go-to tool for unscrambling letters in any game. Words With Friends, Scrabble, Jumble, Boggle – if you need to make words from some mixed-up letters, we’ve got you covered. Give us anagrams. We’ll give you answers. It’s what we do.
The programming for this page was originally written in GFA-Basic by Robert Giordano on anAtari TT030 while he was in college. His program would spellcheck in real time as you typed, on a 32mhz computer, using a 99,000 word dictionary! People using Windows 95 were amazed… and jealous. In 2001, he converted some of the code to ASP and created a web page on gallery215.com but it was not available to the public. In 2005, the ASP version was converted to PHP for this site using the ASP Translator and a few tweaks.
5 Letter Words can help you score big playing Words With Friends® and Scrabble®. Having a list of words with a specific letter, or combination of letters, could be what you need to decide your next move and gain the advantage over your opponent. YourDictionary’s Word Finder provides you with words to focus on, each with the point counts for Scrabble and Words With Friends.